October 26, 2020
This Sunbasket Thanksgiving post contains affiliate links and we may be compensated if you make a purchase.
By Alison Chew
Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate with family and friends, around the table and around the TV. Thanksgiving dinner, which traditionally features a main dish usually turkey or beef, with several sides including mashed potatoes, stuffing, gravy, green beans, and cranberry sauce followed by a dessert like a pumpkin or an apple pie or cheesecake can take all day to prepare. Creating this feast can be a daunting task even for the most experienced home chef, but have no fear Thanksgiving meal kits are here!
Read on for more details on the Sunbasket Thanksgiving Main Courses and Sides. And also check out the HelloFresh Thanksgiving box, the Home Chef Thanksgiving, Dinnerly Thanksgiving, Marley Spoon Thanksgiving, the Purple Carrot Vegan Thanksgiving box, the Blue Apron Thanksgiving, and our round-up of the top all-natural turkey delivery services. Or compare all of the Thanksgiving meal kit options.
This Thanksgiving Sunbasket, in partnership with Rastelli’s, is offering eight different Main Courses and four different Sides for you to choose from. All can be ordered a la carte so that you can order exactly what you need! Best of all, no subscription is required!
Sunbasket Thanksgiving: Main Courses 2020
Main Courses include a Black Angus Prime Rib Roast, Bone-In Spiral Ham, Black Angus Tenderloin Roast, Turkey Roulade, Black Angus Beef Wellington, Waygu Sirloin Steaks, Surf & Turf Filet Mignon and Crab Cakes, and Surf and Turf with Lobster Tail.
PLEASE NOTE: Estimated delivery Monday-Thursday. Place orders by 8:59 PM PT Thursday for delivery the following week.
- Black Angus Prime Rib Roast: 12 servings for $159 + shipping
- Bone-In Spiral Ha: 16 servings for $79 + shipping
- Black Angus Tenderloin Roast: 8 servings for $79 + shipping
- Turkey Roulade: 8 servings $69 + shipping
- Black Angus Beef Wellington: 6 servings for $109 + shipping
- Waygu Sirloin Steaks: 6 servings for $79 + shipping
- Surf & Turf Filet Mignon and Crab Cakes: 14 servings for $199 + shipping
- Surf and Turf with Lobster Tail: 12 servings for $259 + shipping
ORDER NOW >>
Sunbasket Thanksgiving: Sides 2020
Sunbasket Thanksgiving Sides include Creme Fraiche Mashed Potatoes, Sausage Cranberry Stuffing, Scalloped Potatoes, and Creamed Spinach.
- Price: $19 each
- Serves: 8
- Non-subscription (box will come from Rastelli’s)
- Shipping: $7.99
- Estimated delivery Monday-Thursday. Place orders by 8:59 PM PT Thursday for delivery the following week.
- ORDER NOW >>
Thanksgiving Meal Kit F.A.Q.’s
Which meal kit service offers a full Thanksgiving dinner?
Several meal kit services offer full Thanksgiving feasts. HelloFresh offers both a full turkey dinner as well as a beef tenderloin dinner, Purple Carrot offers a vegan dinner, Home Chef offers dinner for 6, Blue Apron offers dinner for 8, Stock Yards has 2 dinners that feed 6-8 people, and Marley Spoon and Dinnerly offer meal kits that feed 2 or 4 people.
Which meal kit service allows you to select only the turkey?
Home Chef and Sunbasket allow you to buy only the turkey. There are also several meat delivery services that offer pastured-raise all-natural turkeys for Thanksgiving. We’ve rounded up our top favorite all-natural Thanksgiving turkey providers in this blog post.
Which meal kit service allows you to select only Thanksgiving sides?
Home Chef, Marley Spoon, Gobble, Sunbasket, and Dinnerly give you the option to purchase just the sides.
Which meal kit service offers only Thanksgiving dessert?
Marley Spoon, Home Chef, Gobble, and Dinnerly give you several options for a delicious home-cooked Thanksgiving dessert.
Is there a vegan meal kit service offering Thanksgiving dinner?
Yes! Purple Carrot and Nutrition for Longevity offer a full vegan Thanksgiving dinner.
Are there any Whole30 Thanksgiving options?
Yes! Cooked has a fully prepared Whole30 Thanksgiving for 2, 4, or 6.
Is there a Pescatarian Thanksgiving meal kit?
Yes! Nutrition for Longevity offers a full pescatarian Thanksgiving dinner.
Are there any fully prepared Thanksgiving meals?
Yes! Cooked and Stock Yards both have fully prepared Thanksgiving meals.
Are there any Thanksgiving meals for just 1 or 2 people?
Yes! Cooked fully prepared Thanksgiving comes in 2 servings, as does the Dinnerly and Marley Spoon weekly Thanksgiving meal kit.
How many of these historical Thanksgiving questions can you get right?
1. When was the first recorded Thanksgiving?
2. Thanksgiving always falls on which day?
3. How many days was the first Thanksgiving?
4. What percentage of Americans will serve turkey on Thanksgiving?
5. Which of these was NOT on the first Thanksgiving menu? Swans, dessert, seal, or lobster
6. How long is the parade route of the famous New York City Macy’s Day parade?
Answers (according to History.com)
1. 1621, but Thanksgiving didn’t become a national holiday until 1863 when President Abraham Lincoln declared it one and that it should be held every November.
“In 1621 the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies.”
2. Thanksgiving always falls on the fourth Thursday of the month.
3. According to Pilgrim chronicler Edward Winslow, “whom for three days we entertained and feasted”, the answer is 3 days!
4. Around 88-90% of Americans will serve a turkey, roasted, baked, or deep-fried according to the National Turkey Federation.
5. Dessert! Because of dwindling sugar supplies and no oven, there were no pies, cakes, or desserts on the first Thanksgiving.
6. 2.5 miles around New York City with 2-3 million spectators