November 2, 2020
This post contains affiliate links and we may be compensated if you make a purchase.
By Alison Chew
Thanksgiving is right around the corner and we are all looking for ways to make dinner preparation a little easier. Whether you are hosting friends and family or staying home with your cat, you can enjoy a home-cooked, healthy Thanksgiving dinner without the shopping, prep, and stress.
Stock Yards not only has incredible meat options but this year they are featuring two fully prepared Thanksgiving meals including a Turkey Feast and a Ham Feast that each serves 6-8. No need to stress, just order, heat, and enjoy!
Read on for more details on the Stock Yards Thanksgiving prepared meals. And also check out the Marley Spoon Thanksgiving, HelloFresh Thanksgiving box, Purple Carrot Vegan Thanksgiving, Home Chef Thanksgiving, Dinnerly Thanksgiving, Blue Apron Thanksgiving, Sun Basket Thanksgiving, Cooked Thanksgiving, and our round-up of the top all-natural turkey delivery services. Or compare all of the Thanksgiving meal kit options.
Stock Yards Thanksgiving Turkey or Ham Feast 2020
With Stock Yards, you have a wide selection of fully prepared meat, sides, appetizers, wine, and desserts to make your Thanksgiving or holiday dinner one to remember. best of all there is no subscription required and all of your Thanksgiving dinner menu items are prepared in advance! All you have to do is heat and enjoy.
Coupon: Get 15% OFF Your Order of $99+ with code IR15
Stock Yards Thanksgiving: Turkey Feast (feeds 6-8)
- Includes: All prepared in advance and ready to heat and eat! 10lb Ready-to-heat oven-roasted turkey, Apple sausage stuffing (1 lb 14 oz), Creamy Brussels sprouts with bacon (1 lb 12 oz), Brown sugar sweet potatoes (1 lb 15 oz), NY Pumpkin Cheesecake (2 lb), Classic turkey gravy (13.5 oz), and Spiced cranberry chutney (1 lb)
- Price: $214.99
- Shipping: Ships 2 Day starting at $32.25; ships to Continental United States
- Order by: November 13, 2020 (Arrives frozen and will need to thaw two to three days before reheating and serving)
- Coupon: Get 15% OFF Your Order of $99+ with code IR15
Stock Yards Thanksgiving: Ham Feast (feeds 6-8)
- Includes: All prepared in advance and ready to heat and eat! Spiral-sliced ham with honey glaze (7 lb 8 oz), Creamy snap peas with bacon (1 lb 13 oz), Three-cheese scalloped potatoes (1 lb 14 oz), Artichoke, mushroom, and bacon frittata (1 lb 14 oz), and New York-style original cheesecake (2 lb)
- Price: $219.99
- Shipping: Starting at $33; ships to the Continental United States
- Order by: November 10th (Tip: Order in advance and select your delivery date!)
- Coupon: Get 15% OFF Your Order of $99+ with code IR15
Thanksgiving Meal Kit F.A.Q.’s
Which meal kit service offers a full Thanksgiving dinner?
Several meal kit services offer full Thanksgiving feasts. HelloFresh offers both a full turkey dinner as well as a beef tenderloin dinner, Purple Carrot offers a vegan dinner, Home Chef offers dinner for 6, Blue Apron offers dinner for 8, Stock Yards has 2 dinners that feed 6-8 people, and Marley Spoon and Dinnerly offer meal kits that feed 2 or 4 people.
Which meal kit service allows you to select only the turkey?
Home Chef and Sun Basket allow you to buy only the turkey. There are also several meat delivery services that offer pastured-raise all-natural turkeys for Thanksgiving. We’ve rounded up our top favorite all-natural Thanksgiving turkey providers in this blog post.
Which meal kit service allows you to select only Thanksgiving sides?
Home Chef, Marley Spoon, Gobble, Sun Basket, and Dinnerly give you the option to purchase just the sides.
Which meal kit service offers only Thanksgiving dessert?
Marley Spoon, Home Chef, Gobble, and Dinnerly give you several options for a delicious home-cooked Thanksgiving dessert.
Is there a vegan meal kit service offering Thanksgiving dinner?
Yes! Purple Carrot and Nutrition for Longevity offer a full vegan Thanksgiving dinner.
Are there any Whole30 Thanksgiving options?
Yes! Cooked has a fully prepared Whole30 Thanksgiving for 2, 4, or 6.
Is there a Pescatarian Thanksgiving meal kit?
Yes! Nutrition for Longevity offers a full pescatarian Thanksgiving dinner.
Are there any fully prepared Thanksgiving meals?
Yes! Cooked and Stock Yards both have fully prepared Thanksgiving meals.
Are there any Thanksgiving meals for just 1 or 2 people?
Yes! Cooked fully prepared Thanksgiving comes in 2 servings, as does the Dinnerly and Marley Spoon weekly Thanksgiving meal kit.
How many of these historical Thanksgiving questions can you get right?
1. When was the first recorded Thanksgiving?
2. Thanksgiving always falls on which day?
3. How many days was the first Thanksgiving?
4. What percentage of Americans will serve turkey on Thanksgiving?
5. Which of these was NOT on the first Thanksgiving menu? Swans, dessert, seal, or lobster
6. How long is the parade route of the famous New York City Macy’s Day parade?
Answers (according to History.com)
1. 1621, but Thanksgiving didn’t become a national holiday until 1863 when President Abraham Lincoln declared it one and that it should be held every November.
“In 1621 the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies.”
2. Thanksgiving always falls on the fourth Thursday of the month.
3. According to Pilgrim chronicler Edward Winslow, “whom for three days we entertained and feasted”, the answer is 3 days!
4. Around 88-90% of Americans will serve a turkey, roasted, baked, or deep-fried according to the National Turkey Federation.
5. Dessert! Because of dwindling sugar supplies and no oven, there were no pies, cakes, or desserts on the first Thanksgiving.
6. 2.5 miles around New York City with 2-3 million spectators