September 23, 2020
This Thanksgiving Turkey post contains affiliate links and we may be compensated if you make a purchase.
By Alison Chew
We have researched the tastiest all-natural turkey for your Thanksgiving dinner and have listed our top favorites below. These turkeys live life in the sun roaming free on pastures of family farms. They are free from hormones, artificial ingredients, antibiotics, and are non-GMO. Order your Thanksgiving turkey now and share the love of a delicious all-natural turkey with your friends and family.
Looking for Thanksgiving meal kits? Check out our list of Thanksgiving meal kits to save time on planning, shopping, and cooking for the big day!
Crowd Cow Thanksgiving Turkey 2020
CrowdCow pastured turkeys are raised by the Gunthorp family on their farm in northern Indiana. Turkeys are free to roam and are also free of hormones or antibiotics, roaming free on Certified Organic pasture.
- Price: 10-14lb “Honest Turkey” for $37.99
- Shipping: Free shipping; ships to the continental US
- Ships on: Turkeys will be delivered in time for Thanksgiving. You will have an opportunity to choose a specific delivery date or to update the delivery address. This item ships separately and cannot be combined with other items in your box.
- Shop now >>
Porter Road Thanksgiving Turkeys 2020
This year Porter Road is offering pasture-raised turkeys that are free from hormones and antibiotics. These turkeys live a natural lifestyle outside, where they can move around freely and forage, at Jolly Barnyard. Turkeys come with the neck and giblets.
- Whole Turkey 10-12.5 lbs; serves up to 12 people for $120
- Whole Turkey 13-15.5 lbs; serves up to 15 people for $140
- Whole Turkey 16-19 lbs; serves up to 18 people for $165
Pre-order now for delivery by November 25th. All Porter Road Thanksgiving turkeys will ship the week before Thanksgiving. Free shipping on orders $100+.
Order now >>
D’Artagnan Thanksgiving Turkey 2020
All of the turkeys from D’Artagnan are packed full of flavor because they are raised free-range and free of antibiotics and added hormones Choose from their exclusive Green Circle™ turkey, organic, heritage-breed, or wild turkey to serve at your holiday feast.
- Organic Turkey: starting at $62.50 for 8-10 lb turkey (feeds 6-8)
- Green Circle Turkey: starting at $57.50 for 8-10 lb turkey (feeds 6-8)
- Heritage-Breed Turkey: starting at $159.99 for 8 lb turkey (feeds 5-8)
- Wild Turkey: starting at $94.99 for 5-7 lb turkey (feeds 3-5)
- Organic Turkey Breast: starting at $65.99 for 4-6 lb turkey (feeds 4-6)
- Natural Turkey Breast: starting at $44.99 for 6-8 lb turkey (feeds 6-8)
- Truffle Turkey Breast: $54.99 for 3.5 lb turkey
My Chicago Steak Company not only has free-range antibiotic-free turkeys for your holiday meal, but they also offer beef wellington, lobster, ham, steak, and more. And if you want to order a complete meal check out their premade sides, like Green Bean Casserole and Mac and Cheese, or their Heart-Shaped Cheesecake for dessert.
- Price: 14-16lb Free Range Antibiotic Free Turkey $119.95 (around $7.50 per pound)
- Shipping: Standard Overnight Delivery Starts at $19.99; ships to the entire United States
- Order by: November 13th (allow 2-3 days to thaw in the refrigerator)
- Ships on: Select preferred delivery date and delivery method
Rastelli’s Thanksgiving Turkey 2020
Rastelli’s brings you responsibly sourced meat directly from the farm to your door. This Thanksgiving, they are offering an all-natural pre-seasoned turkey breast roast. Perfect for those that don’t want to deal with cooking, or cleaning, a whole Thanksgiving turkey, but still want the tender, juicy flavor from a sustainably-sourced bird. These turkeys are raised on American Humane Association-certified family farms in North Carolina with regular access to outdoor pastures and fed an all-vegetarian diet free of antibiotics, steroids, and hormones.
- Price: $79 for 6.5lb turkey roast ($12.15 per pound)
- Shipping: Spend $200 for Free Shipping; Under $200 and shipping is $10-$25; Ships to the Continental United States
- Order by: coming soon!
- Ships on: coming soon!
Stock Yards Thanksgiving Turkey Feast 2020
With Stock Yards, you have a wide selection of meat, sides, appetizers, wine, and desserts to make your Thanksgiving or holiday dinner one to remember.
Stock Yards Thanksgiving: Turkey Feast (feeds 6-8)
Butcher Box Thanksgiving Turkey 2020
ButcherBox turkeys are all-natural and animal welfare certified. They have never been given antibiotics and do not include basting ingredients, artificial ingredients, and are minimally processed.
- Price: FREE 10-14lb turkey with a NEW subscription (offer valid until 11/16/2020)
- Shipping: Free shipping with subscription; ships to the continental US
- Order by: We recommend ordering at least 2 weeks before Thanksgiving
- Ships on: Orders are shipped Monday – Friday with deliveries occurring Tuesday – Saturday
Steaks and Game bring you a unique turkey for your Thanksgiving masterpiece. If you are looking for something a little different this year try the Turducken! A Turduckhen is made by stuffing a deboned chicken into a deboned duck and then stuffing that into a deboned turkey. This Turducken is stuffed with pork and sausage Jambalaya.
- Turducken With Pork and Sausage Jambalaya: $137.65 for a 13 lb turducken
- Defrost for 48 hrs in the refridgerator
- Select ship date at checkout
- Order now >>
Grass Roots Thanksgiving Turkey 2019 (2020 coming soon!)
Grass Roots turkeys are responsibly pasture-raised on family farms across the US and are free from antibiotics, pesticides, hormones and are non-GMO.
- Includes: Turkey along with a guide to storing, thawing, brining and roasting
- Price: 14-16 lb turkey is $129 and a 16-18 lb turkey is $139
- Shipping: Free Shipping; ships to the continental US
- Order by: TBD 2020
- Ships on: TBD 2020
Greensbury Thanksgiving Turkey 2020
Greensbury organic free-range turkeys are raised on Koch’s family farm in Eastern Pennsylvania. They are free from antibiotics, are non-GMO, humanely raised, vegetarian fed and organic.
- Organic Free-Range Turkey: 12-14 lb $109 (feeds 10-12 people with leftovers)
- Organic Free-Range Turkey Breast: 4-5 lbs $64.99 (feeds 6 people with leftovers)
- Thanksgiving Turkey With Carving Knife: $99.99+ (select whole turkey or turkey breast)
- Thanksgiving Turkey With Apple Pie: $99.99+ (select whole turkey or turkey breast)
- Thanksgiving Pack: $174.99 (includes whole turkey 12-14lbs, carving knife, apple pie, and 2 packs of organic bacon)
Thanksgiving Turkey Tips
- What size turkey should I buy? Plan on 1.5 pounds of turkey per person for dinner and leftovers
- How do I store my turkey prior to defrosting? If frozen, store in the freezer until it’s time to defrost
- How do I defrost my turkey?
- Leave the turkey in its original packaging
- Put the turkey, breast side up, in a tray to catch any drippings
- Place the frozen turkey in the fridge (set to 40°F or lower)
- Allow around 6-7 hours per pound for thawing
- 12-15 lbs: 3-4 days to thaw
- 15-18 lbs: 4-5 days to thaw
- 18-20 lbs: 5-6 days to thaw
- Check on your turkey at least 24 hours ahead of time to ensure it is defrosting at the right pace. If the turkey still feels solid to the touch, remove it from the fridge and let it sit at room temperature for up to 6 hours before cooking.
- How do I store my turkey once thawed? Your turkey can stay in the fridge for 1-2 days before cooking
Thanksgiving Meal Kit F.A.Q.’s
Which meal kit service offers a full Thanksgiving dinner?
Several meal kit services offer full Thanksgiving feasts. HelloFresh offers both a full turkey dinner as well as a beef tenderloin dinner, Purple Carrot offers a vegan dinner, Home Chef offers dinner for 6, Blue Apron offers dinner for 8, Stock Yards has 2 dinners that feed 6-8 people, and Marley Spoon and Dinnerly offer meal kits that feed 2 or 4 people.
Which meal kit service allows you to select only the turkey?
Home Chef and Sunbasket allow you to buy only the turkey. There are also several meat delivery services that offer pastured-raise all-natural turkeys for Thanksgiving. We’ve rounded up our top favorite all-natural Thanksgiving turkey providers in this blog post.
Which meal kit service allows you to select only Thanksgiving sides?
Home Chef, Marley Spoon, Gobble, Sunbasket, and Dinnerly give you the option to purchase just the sides.
Which meal kit service offers only Thanksgiving dessert?
Marley Spoon, Home Chef, Gobble, and Dinnerly give you several options for a delicious home-cooked Thanksgiving dessert.
Is there a vegan meal kit service offering Thanksgiving dinner?
Yes! Purple Carrot and Nutrition for Longevity offer a full vegan Thanksgiving dinner.
Are there any Whole30 Thanksgiving options?
Yes! Cooked has a fully prepared Whole30 Thanksgiving for 2, 4, or 6.
Is there a Pescatarian Thanksgiving meal kit?
Yes! Nutrition for Longevity offers a full pescatarian Thanksgiving dinner.
Are there any fully prepared Thanksgiving meals?
Yes! Cooked and Stock Yards both have fully prepared Thanksgiving meals.
Are there any Thanksgiving meals for just 1 or 2 people?
Yes! Cooked fully prepared Thanksgiving comes in 2 servings, as does the Dinnerly and Marley Spoon weekly Thanksgiving meal kit.
How many of these historical Thanksgiving questions can you get right?
1. When was the first recorded Thanksgiving?
2. Thanksgiving always falls on which day?
3. How many days was the first Thanksgiving?
4. What percentage of Americans will serve turkey on Thanksgiving?
5. Which of these was NOT on the first Thanksgiving menu? Swans, dessert, seal, or lobster
6. How long is the parade route of the famous New York City Macy’s Day parade?
Answers (according to History.com)
1. 1621, but Thanksgiving didn’t become a national holiday until 1863 when President Abraham Lincoln declared it one and that it should be held every November.
“In 1621 the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies.”
2. Thanksgiving always falls on the fourth Thursday of the month.
3. According to Pilgrim chronicler Edward Winslow, “whom for three days we entertained and feasted”, the answer is 3 days!
4. Around 88-90% of Americans will serve a turkey, roasted, baked, or deep-fried according to the National Turkey Federation.
5. Dessert! Because of dwindling sugar supplies and no oven, there were no pies, cakes, or desserts on the first Thanksgiving.
6. 2.5 miles around New York City with 2-3 million spectators