- Meal Matcher
This HelloFresh Thanksgiving meal kit post contains affiliate links and we may receive a small commission if you make a purchase. All opinions are our own.
Celebrate Thanksgiving with friends and family and a HelloFresh Thanksgiving box. The Thanksgiving box takes the stress out of creating a tasty home-cooked meal, leaving time to focus on being with loved ones, and enjoying the holiday. All of the ingredients and step-by-step recipes are included in your temperature-controlled box and delivered straight to your door.
Plus, enjoy our Thanksgiving trivia game and see who knows the most about this American holiday.
Ordering your HelloFresh Thanksgiving box is easy! Go to the “seasonal” page on the HelloFresh site. Select your menu and then choose your delivery date. This can be up to two weeks before Thanksgiving or the week of Thanksgiving. If you are ordering the Turkey dinner please note that the turkey will need 4 days to thaw so select a delivery date 5 days before you need it. The last day to order for Thanksgiving delivery with thaw time is November 20th (2019). You can order multiple boxes, ship them to your home, work or a family member’s home, and you can even send a box as a gift.
*Important: In order to completely thaw the turkey, be sure to get your box delivered at least 4 days before you want to cook your meal.
Traditional Turkey + Sides + Dessert
Dinner includes roast turkey as your entree, mashed potatoes, ciabatta stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, gravy, and apple ginger crisp for dessert. See the full Traditional Turkey dinner recipes for more information.
This box feeds 8 – 10 people and the cost is $152, or $15.20 per person, plus $6.99 shipping.
Beef Tenderloin + Sides + Dessert
Dinner includes beef tenderloin as your entree, mashed potatoes, ciabatta stuffing, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, and apple ginger crisp for dessert. See the full beef tenderloin dinner recipes for more information.
This box feeds a smaller crowd of 4 – 6 people and the cost is $132, or $22 per person, plus $6.99 shipping.
How many of these historical Thanksgiving questions can you get right?
1. When was the first recorded Thanksgiving?
2. Thanksgiving always falls on which day?
3. How many days was the first Thanksgiving?
4. What percentage of Americans will serve turkey on Thanksgiving?
5. Which of these was NOT on the first Thanksgiving menu? Swans, dessert, seal, or lobster
6. How long is the parade route of the famous New York City Macy’s Day parade?
Answers (according to History.com)
1. 1621, but Thanksgiving didn’t become a national holiday until 1863 when President Abraham Lincoln declared it one and that it should be held every November.
“In 1621 the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies.”
2. Thanksgiving always falls on the fourth Thursday of the month.
3. According to Pilgrim chronicler Edward Winslow, “whom for three days we entertained and feasted”, the answer is 3 days!
4. Around 88-90% of Americans will serve a turkey, roasted, baked, or deep-fried according to the National Turkey Federation.
5. Dessert! Because of dwindling sugar supplies and no oven, there were no pies, cakes, or desserts on the first Thanksgiving.
6. 2.5 miles around New York City with 2-3 million spectators