- Meal Matcher
This Marley Spoon Thanksgiving post contains affiliate links and we may be compensated if you make a purchase.
By Alison Chew
Marley Spoon brings you several Thanksgiving sides, two desserts, and an appetizer that will feed a crowd. And for those who aren’t entertaining they will have a Thanksgiving dinner meal kit that serves 2 or 4 people.
Meal kits will be live on the Marley Spoon site 2 weeks before Thanksgiving and you can subscribe for that week and easily cancel if you do not wish to continue the subscription.
Read on for more details on the Marley Spoon Thanksgiving meal kits. And also check out the HelloFresh Thanksgiving box, Purple Carrot Vegan Thanksgiving, Home Chef Thanksgiving, Dinnerly Thanksgiving, Blue Apron Thanksgiving, and our round-up of the top all-natural turkey delivery services. Or compare all of the Thanksgiving meal kit options.
The Marley Spoon Thanksgiving desserts include a Cream Cheese-Swirled Pumpkin Pie with No-Roll Chocolate Shortbread Crust and a warm Apple Crisp.
The Marley Spoon Thanksgiving sides include Stuffing with Meat, Vegetarian Mashed Potatoes & Green Beans, and Honey Glazed Brussels & Carrots with Rosemary Parmesan Biscuit.
Marley Spoon is offering 1 Thanksgiving appetizer a white bean dip and meatballs.
The Marley Spoon Thanksgiving dinner includes a roast turkey and sides. This dinner can feed 2 or 4 people, depending on your plan.
Several meal kit services offer full Thanksgiving feasts. HelloFresh offers both a full turkey dinner as well as a beef tenderloin dinner, Purple Carrot offers a vegan dinner, Home Chef offers dinner for 6, Blue Apron offers dinner for 8, and Marley Spoon and Dinnerly offer meal kits that feed 2 or 4 people.
Home Chef allows you to buy only the turkey. There are also several meat delivery services that offer pastured-raise all-natural turkeys for Thanksgiving. We’ve rounded up our top favorite all-natural Thanksgiving turkey providers in this blog post.
How many of these historical Thanksgiving questions can you get right?
1. When was the first recorded Thanksgiving?
2. Thanksgiving always falls on which day?
3. How many days was the first Thanksgiving?
4. What percentage of Americans will serve turkey on Thanksgiving?
5. Which of these was NOT on the first Thanksgiving menu? Swans, dessert, seal, or lobster
6. How long is the parade route of the famous New York City Macy’s Day parade?
1. 1621, but Thanksgiving didn’t become a national holiday until 1863 when President Abraham Lincoln declared it one and that it should be held every November.
“In 1621 the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies.”
2. Thanksgiving always falls on the fourth Thursday of the month.
3. According to Pilgrim chronicler Edward Winslow, “whom for three days we entertained and feasted”, the answer is 3 days!
4. Around 88-90% of Americans will serve a turkey, roasted, baked, or deep-fried according to the National Turkey Federation.
5. Dessert! Because of dwindling sugar supplies and no oven, there were no pies, cakes, or desserts on the first Thanksgiving.
6. 2.5 miles around New York City with 2-3 million spectators