This Home Chef Thanksgiving box post contains affiliate links and we may be compensated if you make a purchase.
By Alison Chew
Thanksgiving is a time to celebrate with family and friends, eat a lot of food, and for many watch football. Thanksgiving dinner, which traditionally features a main dish usually turkey or beef, with several sides including mashed potatoes, gravy, green beans, and cranberry sauce followed by a dessert like a pumpkin or an apple pie or cheesecake can take all day to prepare. Creating this feast can be a daunting task even for the most experienced home chef, but have no fear Thanksgiving meal kits are here!
Read on for more details on the Home Chef Thanksgiving box. And also check out the HelloFresh Thanksgiving box, the Purple Carrot Vegan Thanksgiving box, the Blue Apron dessert kit, and our round-up of the top all-natural turkey delivery services. Or compare all of the Thanksgiving meal kit options.
Have you seen the Home Chef menu for the week of November 23rd? They have created an amazing selection of Thanksgiving favorites for you to choose from. If you love making sides or are asking friends and family to bring them you can order a turkey complete with step-by-step instructions. Or is getting up at 5am to get the bird in the oven is your jam, you can order a pair of delicious sides to make Thanksgiving dinner prep a breeze.
Select the “Thanksgiving Turkey Breast Roast” and dinner will be on the table in between 1 1/2 to 3 1/2 hours. This entree serves 6 and costs $44.98, or just over $7 per person.
Choose from white cheddar & sage biscuits with honey butter, pecan, sage & cranberry stuffing, caramelized onion green bean casserole, and loaded Mashed Potatoes with cheddar, bacon and green onions. Each side serves 6 and costs $15.98, or just over $2 per serving.
HomeChef finishes off dinner with a delicious homemade warm apple cranberry crumble. This dessert is $15.98 and serves 6 people. All you need to add is vanilla ice cream and maybe some whipped cream!
All in, your Home Chef Thanksgiving meal, including the turkey, four sides and dessert, will run you around $20 per person/$125 total for 6 people. And think of all of the time you will get back in your day to spend with the family. Add in a pumpkin pie and you are all set! Be sure to order your Home Chef Thanksgiving meal kit with turkey and sides by the week of November 16th, as all items ship the week of November 23rd, to ensure delivery before the big day.
How many of these historical Thanksgiving questions can you get right?
1. When was the first recorded Thanksgiving?
2. Thanksgiving always falls on which day?
3. How many days was the first Thanksgiving?
4. What percentage of Americans will serve turkey on Thanksgiving?
5. Which of these was NOT on the first Thanksgiving menu? Swans, dessert, seal, or lobster
6. How long is the parade route of the famous New York City Macy’s Day parade?
Answers (according to History.com)
1. 1621, but Thanksgiving didn’t become a national holiday until 1863 when President Abraham Lincoln declared it one and that it should be held every November.
“In 1621 the Plymouth colonists and Wampanoag Indians shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged today as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies.”
2. Thanksgiving always falls on the fourth Thursday of the month.
3. According to Pilgrim chronicler Edward Winslow, “whom for three days we entertained and feasted”, the answer is 3 days!
4. Around 88-90% of Americans will serve a turkey, roasted, baked, or deep-fried according to the National Turkey Federation.
5. Dessert! Because of dwindling sugar supplies and no oven, there were no pies, cakes, or desserts on the first Thanksgiving.
6. 2.5 miles around New York City with 2-3 million spectators