January 15, 2021
This Big Game food post contains affiliate links and we may be compensated if you make a purchase.
By Amanda Bochain
The BIG Game is right around the corner! And I know that all you football fans out there are pretty pumped about this year’s game. But The Big Game isn’t just for football lovers, it is also a day for foodies! There are so many awesome meals, appetizers, and snacks that are perfect for enjoying around the TV. In fact, creating the perfect game day menu is one of the most important parts of the whole experience. You need to be sure that you serve easy to eat, super flavorful foods that everyone in your party will enjoy. The food has to live up to the excitement of the big game (and the commercials)!
If you are looking for easy game day food options, you have come to the right place. There are lots of companies offering amazing foods that you can serve your family and friends during the big game. You don’t even have to go to the grocery store- all of the food can be delivered right to you. Talk about easy game day meal prep…
We have checked out a bunch of the best food delivery options and gathered the info you need to help you choose which food (or foods!) you want to order. Take a look and then get ready to cook, relax, and cheer on your team.
Blue Apron has teamed up with Stella Artois to bring you winning snacks and a set of beer chalices. Perfect for the Big Football Game!
- Each box includes 4 meal kit recipes: Smoked Gouda & Chicken Flatbread with Pancetta & Hot Honey, Seared Flank Steak Lettuce Cups with Pickled Peppers & Garlic Dressing, Creamy Pesto & Spinach Dip with Toasted Pita Chips, and Pork Chorizo Quesadillas with Cilantro Sour Cream.
- Please Note: As a gift with purchase, you’ll receive 4 classic Stella Artois chalices! Look for them to arrive separately from your Stella Stadium Bites. To get them in time for game day, order your box by 1/27. If ordered after 1/27, chalices may arrive after the game.
- Order now through 1/29 for delivery the week of Feb. 1st
- Feeds: 6 people
- Price: $74.99 for new customers with coupon
HelloFresh has a special Game Day meal kit pack on their weekly menu fit for a football-loving family!
- Includes: Game Day BBQ Ribs with Loaded Potato Wedges, Crispy Buffalo Onion Straws & Blue Cheese Sauce
- Order now for delivery the week of January 30 – February 5th
- Feeds: 2, 4, or 6
- Price: Additional $9.99 per serving on top of your plan price per meal (Subscription required, but you can cancel anytime)
- Coupon >>
While Dinnerly doesn’t officially have a Big Game box, they do have several meal kits during the week of Feb 1st that would delight any football fan.
- Mix and Match to create your perfect box: French Onion Soup Burger with Oven Fries, Better-Than-Takout Chorizo Taquitos, Black Bean & Rice Taco Bake (this would make a great dip!), and Funfetti Whoopie Pies for dessert.
- Feeds 2 or 4 depending on your plan (subscription required)
- $4.99 per portion + $8.99 shipping (Coupon >>)
The big question of the day is “wit” or “without”…wiz that is. Score major points with these authentic Philly Cheesesteaks while watching the big game.
- Includes: 4 Philly Cheesesteaks, fully assembled with American, provolone, or cheese wiz on the side. With or without onions.
- Ships every Tuesday and Thursday, delivery dates do sell out so order early!
- Feeds: 4-6 people
- Price: $99 with Free Shipping
No one can resist jumbo cocktail shrimp with a tangy cocktail sauce. The perfect no-cook, no-prep game day snack.
- Includes: 2-pound bag of peeled, deveined jumbo cocktail shrimp (32-40 shrimp)
- Feeds: 4 (estimated at ½ pound of shrimp per person)
- Price: $71.99
“Da Bears” may or may not be in the big game this year, but you can still enjoy Coach Ditka’s Hall of Fame recipe for Pork Baby Back Ribs at home!
- Includes: Fully cooked, 3-pound slab of ribs with sauce already added.
- Feeds: About 4
- Price: $149.95
- Coupon >>
From pigs-in-a-blanket to sausage and pepper sandwiches, this sausage sampler is as versatile as it is tasty.
- Includes: 1 Pkg. Original Beef Sausage, 1 Pkg. 1882 Hot Beef Sausage, 1 Pkg. Jalapeño Cheddar Sausage, 1 Pkg. Polish Sausage, 1 Pkg. Garlic Pork Sausage, and 1 Pkg. Country Style Sausage. Plus, 18 oz. Original BBQ Sauce and 12 oz. Original Hot Sauce.
- Feeds: 24 links can feed 12-24 people
- Price: $55
Celebrate the big game with an East Coast favorite- the Hoagie! A perfect roll, a little crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside, filled with quality meats and cheese makes for the perfect football-watching food.
- Includes: Philly hoagie rolls, aged provolone, prosciutto, coppa, salami, roasted peppers, kettle chips, and Abruzze cheese spread. Plus, hoagie-building instructions and a drawstring bag.
- Feeds: 6 people
- Price: $100
You don’t have to live in Maine or root for that New England football team to enjoy fresh lobster rolls during the big game with the Get Maine Lobster lobster roll kit.
- Includes: 100% Maine lobster claw and knuckle meat (2 pounds), New England split top rolls, secret award-winning spice blend, and cooking instructions
- Feeds: 8 people
- Price: $169.99
- Coupon >>
Try out ButcherBox now through 2/7/21 and get FREE meat perfect for a Big Game feast. And remember with ButcherBox, you are getting quality humanely raised meat free from antibiotics or added hormones, delivered directly to your door.
Big Game Limited Time Offer: Order now to get FREE pulled pork, St. Louis ribs, and a pack of their famous uncured bacon in your first box!
Valid now through 2/7/21
It’s not a football party without wings! Get yours now, add your favorite sauce, some celery, and blue cheese dressing for a fan favorite.
- Includes: 18 ounces of heirloom, pasture-raised, non-GMO, hormone-free chicken wings.
- Feeds: about 3 people (typical servings is 6 ounces of wings per person)
- Price: $10 for 18oz pack
West Coast football fans might want to serve a football brunch while watching the big game. These assorted croissants will make a great addition to any spread.
- Includes: 12 cheese and spinach mini croissants, 12 mini swiss cheese croissants, 12 mushroom mini croissants.
- Feeds: About 12 (3 mini croissants each)
- Price: $59.99
- Coupon >>
Big Game Fun Facts
While you wait for the game to start, you can impress your guests with these fun football facts. See how much everyone really knows about this great American sport. Make it into a game, with the winner getting first dibs on the yummy Big Game food.
1.How many times has the Big Game gone into overtime?
The Big Game has only gone into overtime once.
2. Which Big Game had the lowest score in history? (bonus points if you know the score, who played, and who won!)
Big Game number 53 (or LIII) was the lowest scoring in history with an end score of 13-3.
3.Which Big Game used numbers rather than roman numerals?
Big Game number 50 was the only one to use numbers rather than roman numerals.
4.What is the second-biggest food day (right after Thanksgiving)?
According to the US Department of Agriculture, the Big Game is America’s second-biggest food consumption day, coming right in after Thanksgiving. Even more of a reason to order amazing foods to be delivered!
5. What year was the first Big Game?
The first Big Game was on January 15th, 1967 and didn’t even come close to selling out.
6. How much was the most expensive ticket at the first Big Game?
The most expensive ticket to the first Big Game was only $12 which would still only be $89 today.
7. What was the act at the first halftime show?
The first halftime show was just two marching bands, two men strapped with jet packs and 300 pigeons.
8. The power went out for how many minutes during Big Game 47?
The power went out during Big Game number 47 and forced the game to pause for 34 minutes.
9.Which Big Game didn’t have any cheerleaders?
Big Game number 45 was the first without cheerleaders as neither team playing had a professional cheerleading squad.
10. Has a sitting president ever attended a Big Game?
A sitting president has never attended the Big Game but four vice-presidents have!
11. Do the winning and losing players get bonus checks?
Big Game players get pretty big bonus checks whether they win or not- even the losing players get a nice consolation prize! Of course, the winning players get more, almost double!
12. During which Big Games halftime show did ratings actually go up? Who performed?
In 1993, the Big Game ratings actually went up at halftime when Michael Jackson performed.